Thanks for stopping by! We are Will & Stacey, the husband and wife wedding and engagement photography team based out of glorious Denver, Colorado. We specialize in mountain weddings across the globe and are available for travel. On this blog, you will find photos of our amazing couples as they begin their lives together as husband and wife. You'll also find stories about us, our adventures, and our thoughts on love and marriage. We hope you enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you (yes, please leave your comments!).

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vacation leads to a litte deep thinking

The freedom that comes from getting on one of these...

...and NOT turning the power on to one of these...

...is a beautiful thing!! I LOVE VACATION!!!

So we've been on vacation now for 4 days and I've been thinking a lot about something. I have a great job and I'm very grateful for it. But here's the question...does the job create stress in my life or do I allow it to take control of me...to consume me? I don't know that I have a good answer. I do believe that certain jobs naturally are more stressful and harder on the employees. But I also believe that no matter what my job is, I should do it as unto God -- do the job like I'm doing it for Him. So that means giving it 100%. Apparently my problem is that I have a hard time giving 100% without also allowing it to stress me out. I need to work on this -- I need to be better at finding outlets (like working out) to relieve the stress in my life instead of waiting for a vacation to relax me. It's just not healthy. What about you? Do you have any good advice for lessening the stress in your life?

On a lighter note, vacation has been wonderful and very relaxing. (As you may have noticed from the above paragraph, I needed this!!) The great state of Texas has been great to us so far!! (It's 75 degrees -- in March -- while it's 30 degrees back home -- need I say more??) :-)


More pictures of our trip at a later time. A special thank you to our wonderful and generous friends who are staying at our house, protecting our homestead and the 2 furry munchkins, while we're away. We appreciate you!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Pics! The story started out on a high amount of fun and humor and then BAM...went to some really serious deep thought and life transforming questions. I am not prepared to deal with such life issues before my morning coffee. So calm down, and I will get back to you!

Love your guts!