Thanks for stopping by! We are Will & Stacey, the husband and wife wedding and engagement photography team based out of glorious Denver, Colorado. We specialize in mountain weddings across the globe and are available for travel. On this blog, you will find photos of our amazing couples as they begin their lives together as husband and wife. You'll also find stories about us, our adventures, and our thoughts on love and marriage. We hope you enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you (yes, please leave your comments!).

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Denver, CO Mountain Wedding Photographers: Marriage Matters (Love is a Choice)

These are our dear friends Jess & Jon.  Will and I photographed their couples session in November. (Yes, we do photograph married couples who want to document their love story!!)  Jess and Jon are expecting their first baby and wanted to have photos of the two of them before baby arrives...plus they made for perfect Christmas card photos!  Jess and Jon have an amazing marriage and they are very intentional about working hard to keep it that way.

Ladies, do you ever watch chick flicks? Love stories that make your heart melt, full of romance and perfect endings?  I do, and I shamelessly love them.  I remember when I was young, I begged my parents to let me watch Dirty Dancing. When they finally agreed, my Dad watched the movie with me. When it was over, my Dad looked at me and said, "Stacey, you know that love doesn't happen that easily, right?" It's true. Hollywood has a way of romanticizing marriage and relationships to a point where we (maybe just subconsciously) expect them to be perfect and all about feelings....and if we don't feel the butterflies day after day and if we don't come home to rose petals covering the floor every night after work, we think we have failed in love...or our significant other has failed us. Maybe a slight over-exaggeration, but you get my point! :)


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Wow. Great, right!? Except I have a question....are you ALWAYS patient and kind with your spouse? Are you NEVER irritable with your spouse? If you can answer yes to that question, then you are WAY ahead of me!! We are human and we live in a fallen world, which means, unfortunately, that we are sometimes impatient and we are sometimes irritable. We mess up, it's inevitable. So does that mean our love and our marriage is doomed because we have tension with our spouse now and then? No! Love is a CHOICE....it's not all feelings and butterflies and ooey-gooey-ness. It's real. It's imperfect. It's work. And we can make the choice to choose love when things are tough or we can choose to give up. It's a choice that we are making to share love with one person for the rest of our lives....a love that is a reflection of God's love for us.

________________________

Will and I are incredibly passionate about marriage.  Yes, we photograph engagements and weddings, but we truly are committed to great marriages.  And I don't just mean our own...we have a heart for mentoring other couples on their marriage journey as well.  We have a life group through our church that is focused on just that...mentoring younger couples and being open and honest about the struggles we have been through and how we have handled each of those situations.  Sometimes an idea pops into my head about good marriage principles and I get inspired to write about them.  As I do, I hope they at least make you think...even if you disagree with me. :)  I love to hear your thoughts, comments, and questions! 


0 comments: