Thanks for stopping by! We are Will & Stacey, the husband and wife wedding and engagement photography team based out of glorious Denver, Colorado. We specialize in mountain weddings across the globe and are available for travel. On this blog, you will find photos of our amazing couples as they begin their lives together as husband and wife. You'll also find stories about us, our adventures, and our thoughts on love and marriage. We hope you enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you (yes, please leave your comments!).

Monday, October 25, 2010

Where I'm From

Earlier this month, I had a rare opportunity to spend a week back at home in Illinois....the heartland. It was such a good trip and probably more than anytime in my life, I had such an appreciation for where I come from. My Dad farms and is one of the hardest working people I've ever known in my life. We all provide for our families in good, honorable ways, but there is so much a child learns from watching their parents work the land with hard, physical labor. I learned an intense work ethic, good morals, and the importance of family growing up here. Dad, I'm so proud of you and I'm so unbelievably thankful for the life you and Mom gave to us. Love you guys!!



LEFT: Lola meeting Great Grandma Green for the first time.
RIGHT: Grandma spoiling us with an AMAZING meal to include the best homemade apple crisp on the planet!




The great Mississippi River

We went out to visit Dad while he was in the field and snapped a few shots of Lola and Mama.


And, well, not sure how this one fits in other than the fact that it was taken in Illinois. It's special enough it deserves its own space....


Blog signature

1 comments:

Jill Sherman said...

I love the pictures from home! Where are they picking? I can't quite put my finger on it. Grandma looks really good in the pictures. I would love a copy of the one of her in the kitchen...definitely her natural place. And I am way jealous that you got apple crisp!!!